Newcastle Solar Panels: Everything to Know About These Energy Savers
Every Australian homeowner understands the importance of saving electricity and using the required energy for everyday use. Consequently, some are shifting from their fossil fuel-based electricity to clean-sourced solar energy. Solar panels are widely popular among homeowners and businesses looking for a smart way to save money on soaring energy bills with little to no negative environmental impact. In fact, almost one-third of homeowners in Australia have installed PV panels to leverage infinite solar power and use it to fulfil their energy needs. Given the extensive financial and environmental benefits it provides, solar installation in Newcastle has become a no-brainer.
In this article, we will cover everything about solar PV panels in Newcastle – from benefits and costs to installation considerations. But first, let’s understand
1 How Do Solar Panels Work?
To explain in simple terms – solar panels convert sunlight into electricity. When sunlight strikes the surface of panels, the photovoltaic (PV) cells collect the light particles and transfer them into DC current. The generated DC current goes through a solar inverter, which is responsible for converting DC energy into AC current. AC current produced can be used to power your home appliances
- Sunlight strikes the photovoltaic (PV) panels and converts the energy into Direct Current (DC) electricity.
- The DC electricity produced flows through the panel edges to the conductive wire.
- Conductive wire transports the generated electricity to the inverter, where it gets converted to AC current.
- Another conductive wire transfers the AC electricity to the electric breaker box, resulting in energy distribution throughout the home.
2 Benefits of using Solar Panels
- Solar panels will offer you a constant and continuous energy supply – even during blackouts!
- Installing solar PV panels allows you to save maximum on utility bills
- Solar panels don’t produce any toxic emissions and are completely environmentally friendly
- Solar PV systems require low maintenance, meaning you can enjoy optimal energy at minimum care.
- Solar panel installation also ensures extended roof lifespan.
- Installing solar panels can improve your home value.
3 How Much Do Newcastle Solar Panels Cost?
The cost of solar PV panels in Newcastle may vary depending on several factors, especially solar system size. For instance, the average cost of a 5kW solar system is $4,450. Similarly, the nationwide price of the same solar system size is $5,200. Therefore, Newcastle homeowners can buy and install a solar panel at a lower cost.
4 Are Solar Rebates Available in Newcastle?
The government initiated solar incentives – solar rebates – allow homeowners to install solar panels at a cost-effective rate. Homeowners receive solar rebates in the form of Small-scale Technology Certificates (STCs) – tradable certificates that can be exchanged to get an installation discount. However, the value you receive will depend on the solar system size. For instance, the installation cost of a 2kW solar system after applying a rebate will be approximately $1,110. While installing a 6kW solar system can be $3,068 (after the rebate amount).
For more information on solar rebates in Newcastle, call us on 1300 713 998 today.
5 Things to Consider Before Installing Solar Panels
Before installing your solar panels, you need to consider various factors that may impact your overall return on investment with solar. One of the most significant factors is the amount of sunlight received every day. Solar panels require adequate sunlight to generate optimal energy and fulfil your energy needs. Hence, it is recommended to install solar PV panels in areas with an ample amount of sunlight exposure. Apart from sunshine hours, you also need to consider your roof’s age, condition, and orientation. You need to ensure your roof can sustain the weight of the solar system and is installed at the right place for optimal energy generation.
Want to go solar in Newcastle? Call us on 1300 713 998! We will help you find the right system suitable to your needs and budget. Allow our solar experts to assist you through the entire solar installation process and take a step forward towards green life.